- 20 February – American Afrikan release party at Bedlam Theatre.
- 22 January – Featured in Minnesota Spokeman Recorder’s MLK Commerative Issue, ‘From Chains to Change’.
- 5 February – Featured in MShale Magazine.
- 3 April – MNSWA’s Urban Griots Awards, Minnesota’s spoken word awards show, premieres at the Varsity Theatre.
- 6 April – Son, Jordan Vaslekey Bliss Bailey, is born.
- 24 April – Poetic Assassins Eliminating Oppression One Ink Shell at a Time, a spoken word theatre production, directed by e.g. bailey and Sha Cage, is presented at Old Arizona Theatre. Written by Poetic Assassins, and presented by Sai Werd Ink.
- 11 September – Single, ‘Twin Towers’, in memory of those lost on 9/11, is released on Tru Ruts/Speakeasy Records.
- 4 November – Single, ‘America’, is released on Tru Ruts/Speakeasy Records.
- 17 October – Spoken Word commercial ‘Art Connects’ premieres on BET Hip Hop Awards.
- 18 February – Spoken Word radio show Cipher Zone premieres on WORT in Madison, WI. Presented by YouthSpeaks Wisconsin (OMAI) of the University of Wisconsin.
- 21 February – Featured, with Sha Cage, in the Madison Observer.
- 7 November – Theatre production, Patriot Acts premieres at Varstiy Theatre, presented by Pangea World Theatre.
- 15 September – Featured in Pangea World Theatre’s production of Tales of Ovid at the Playwright’s Center.
- 16 October – Featured in SASE: The Write Place’s 10th Anniversary program, ‘As Channeled Through…’
- 4 May – Stage adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s No Longer At Ease premieres at Playwright’s Center, produced by Pangea World Theatre. Part of Playwright’s Center NewStage Direction program.
- 3 July – Words Will Heal the Wound: A Celebration of Community Through Poetry (Volume One), Minnesota’s first spoken word compilation is released by Tru Ruts/Speakeasy Records.
- 23 July – Words Will Heal the Wound CD Release Party at Sursumcorda in downtown Minneapolis. Also the official premiere of Speakeasy Records.
- 18 August – The first Spoken Word conference, Singers of Daybreak, kicks off. Presented by the MN Spoken Word Association.
- 21 April – village blues screens at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Film Festival as part of the Minnesota Short Film/Video Showcase II.
- 23 February – village blues spoken word film premieres.
- 21 April – Nu Ark Experiments Series announced.
- 15 September – Under Sky Open House performance at the Powderhorn Park, featuring Arkology, and including poets from the Powderhorn Writers Festival, Roy McBride and Amy Ballestad, plus guest musician Yolanda Jackson. Part of the Nu Ark Experiments.
- 17 November – Side B performance, a collaboration with sound sculptor and visual artist Kitundu, at Intermedia Arts. Featuring members of Arkology (e.g. bailey, Genesis (Dennis Maddix) and Mankwe Ndosi), Carei Thomas, Douglas Ewart, Stephen Goldstein, J. Otis Powell! and Jose James. Part of the Nu Ark Experiments.
- 27 December – Sirius B featured in City Pages’ Artist of the Year.
• Arrived in Minneapolis.